Apply for Membership
Thank you for considering the Catholic Media Association as one of your professional organizations. For those who work in Catholic communications, the CMA connects you with Catholic journalists and media professionals, media- and public relations experts, and those who work in communications departments. You'll be a part of a global network of Catholic communicators.
Please complete the application form appropriate for the type of membership you are requesting. Send questions to: Membership@CatholicMediaAssociation.org
- Organizational Media Membership - Publishers of Catholic newspapers, magazines, websites, newsletters, books, pamphlets or general Catholic literature, as well as Catholic radio, and television stations and film companies. Organizational Media members receive voting rights.
- Organizational Communications Membership - Directs/manages communications for a diocese or religious order, a Catholic communication or public relations company, a Catholic school or university, or a similar Catholic organization.
- Dual Membership (coming soon) – Recommended for dioceses with communications offices and media outlets.
- Freelance Membership - Actively contributes to editorial, communications, advertising, media or business management of at least one CMA Organizational member but is not staff. Freelance members receive voting rights.
- Individual Membership — Individual not working for a CMA member, but who contributes to or cares about the well-being of Catholic communications such as: parish communicators, diocesan communications personnel, bloggers, students, and members of the secular press. Individual members do not receive voting rights.
- Service Member - If you are a business-to-business organization, you may apply for acceptance as a Service Member, or as an employee of a Service Member. Service Members do not receive voting rights.
Terms of Membership
Memberships are for a calendar year, January 1 to December 31. If your membership application is accepted in the middle of the year, the CMA will prorate your dues accordingly. Dues for membership in the Catholic Media Association vary by type of membership and size of the organization. View the Annual Dues Rate schedule.
Membership Application Process
Your completed application will be forwarded to the Membership Committee for review. A representative from the committee will contact you to get to know you and your interest in joining, and match those to the benefits offered by the association.
The committee will forward their recommendation to the Board of Directors for membership approval during their monthly meeting. Upon approval, you will be invoiced for membership dues, receive website login instructions, and a certificate of membership. Your member benefits will begin immediately.
We encourage new members to share their knowledge and talents with members of the Catholic Media Association. The active participation of our members, makes all members successful.
If you have questions, please contact us at Membership@CatholicMediaAssociation.org.