CMA Digital Transformation Seminar Series
Next Series: Aug. 17-Nov. 23, 2022
The CMA Digital Transformation Seminar Series covers six topics over the course of 15 weeks. Teams of between two and nine people per publishing group are encouraged to participate. Introduced to members at the 2019 Catholic Media Conference in St. Petersburg, this 100% remote, low-cost, low-intensity Digital Transformation Seminar Series allows Catholic publishers and dioceses to overhaul their workflow processes at a pace that can be integrated into their existing work schedule.
- One-hour orientation workshop.
- Half-hour introductory Zoom meetings with Kilian for each person on your team.
- Six bi-weekly seminars to cover:
- One single-article workflow experiment.
- One single-issue workflow experiment.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Audience analysis and development.
- Product development and testing.
- Revenue generation
- Six bi-weekly team meetings with Kilian plus online coaching.
We are pleased to offer professional development opportunities for Catholic Media Association members at a low cost, made possible thanks to the USCCB Catholic Communication Campaign.
Cost: CMA Members pay $500 for the first two people, and $100 each for additional participants. Each team member is encouraged to attend all seminars and meetings.
Registration questions? Email Rob DeFrancesco: rdefrancesco@CatholicMediaAssociation.org
Program-specific questions? Email Kilian Schalk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule for Cohort 6
- 15-week program (six modules)
- All sessions last 55 minutes except for the Introductory Zoom Calls, which are 25 minutes
- Team Check-in Meeting time slots are chosen by each team
- Introductory Zoom call time slots are chosen by each participant
Schedule (all times Central)
- August 17, 11:30 a.m., Launch Meeting
- August 18-25, various, Introductory Zoom calls
- August 31, 11:30 a.m., Seminar #1 – Content-First Article Workflow/Experiment
- September 8, 1 hour per team, Team Check-ins
- September 14, 11:30 a.m., Seminar #2 — Issue Workflow/Experiment
- September 22, 1 hour per team, Team Check-ins
- September 28, 11:30 a.m., Seminar #3 — Data Workflow/Experiment
- October 6, 1 hour per team, Team Check-ins
- October 12, 11:30 a.m., Seminar #4 — Audience Workflow/Experiment
- October 20, 1 hour per team, Team Check-ins
- October 26, 11:30 a.m., Seminar #5 — Product Workflow/Experiment
- November 3, 1 hour per team, Team Check-ins
- November 9, 11:30 a.m., Seminar #6 — Revenue Workflow/Experiment
- November 17, 1 hour per team, Team Check-ins
- November 23, 11:30 a.m., Wrap-Up Session
“Kilian has jump-started us into a much smarter and [more] efficient way of working.” - John Feister, Cincinnati, OH
"We are knee deep in training and loving it.” - Marnie McAllister, Louisville, KY
“Our CMA training with Kilian Schalk of PurpleGray Consulting is an answer to [a] prayer.” - Barb Arland-Fye, Davenport, IA
Hear from several members about what they learned after completing the course.
Arkansas Catholic (Little Rock)
Arlington Catholic Herald (Arlington)
Catholic Courier (Rochester)
The Catholic Messenger (Davenport)
The Catholic Mirror (Des Moines)
Catholic New York (New York)
The Catholic Review (Baltimore)
The Catholic Spirit (St. Paul and Minneapolis)
Catholic Voice (Oakland)
Clarion Herald (New Orleans)
The Compass (Green Bay)
The Georgia Bulletin (Atlanta)
Glenmary Challenge (Cincinnati)
Living City (Hyde Park, NY)
Maryknoll (Maryknoll, NY)
Northwest Indiana Catholic (Gary)
People of God (Santa Fe)
The Record (Louisville)
Tennessee Register (Nashville)