WORKFLOW TRANSFORMATION FOR DIOCESAN DIRECTORIES
Weekly, beginning July 13 through August 10
Spend five low-impact weeks learning to streamline your directory data management process, save time, decrease stress, and build a beautiful, functional product.
Directory managers, designers and production staff responsible for gathering directory content and formatting it for the production process will:
create and format a database to store, structure, and organize directory data.
learn to import/export data from the database.
organize and simplify pre-production formatting.
map fields to style sheets and build templates.
import directory data into InDesign.
Trainer: Kilian Schalk of PurpleGray Consulting
- Week 1: Data Management Seminar (July 13, 11:30 CT)
- Week 2: Data Management Experiment Check-in (teams choose timing)
- Week 3: Import Data Seminar (July 27, 11:30 CT)
- Week 4: Import Data Experiment Check-in (teams choose timing)
- Week 5: Integrate Data into the Production Process (Aug. 10, 11:30 CT)
- *Plus: One Individual Zoom Call with Kilian for each participating team member
Capacity: Up to 10 Directory Teams
Fees: $100 per team for CMA members ($875 for non-members) plus $100 per team member.
Program questions: Contact Kilian Schalk at email@example.com
Other questions: Contact Rob DeFrancesco at rdefrancesco@CatholicMediaAssociation.org