Host a Catholic Media Conference
The Catholic Media Association hosts the Catholic Media Conference (CMC) each year, where Catholic journalists, communicators, and those interested in the field come together to share information, to learn about the changing industry, and to network with each other. The conference is co-hosted with a CMA organizational member or group of publishers.
Benefits of Hosting a Conference:
- National exposure and prestige for publication
- Opportunity to work with esteemed colleagues on the National Planning Committee
- Broaden professional network to include speakers and educators from the conference
- Two complimentary guest passes to the conference plus a 1-Day pass
- Access to all sessions for the local volunteers
Hosts are asked to provide:
- A letter of invitation from the local ordinary to hold the conference in their area
- A team of staff members (2-3) to work with the National Planning Committee and the CMA office. The staff begins work on the conference in the August preceding the conference and continues until the conference ends (June)
- A host staff member to be a member of the National Planning Committee the subsequent two years to contribute insights and experiences gained to the incoming hosts
- Volunteers to assist with the on-site execution of the conference
- Places for Mass, along with related materials
CMA has many years of experience in developing conferences and guides the process from the beginning site selection to the conference wrap up. The CMA office handles all contract work with the hotels and the vendors, and is responsible for the budget and all financial transactions. The host and diocese have no financial obligations outside of materials for daily Mass.
If you are interested in exploring the opportunity to host a conference, contact Rob DeFrancesco, who is happy to answer any questions you may have, and guide you through the process. Rob can be reached at (312) 380-6789 or rdefrancesco@CatholicMediaAssociation.org.