Produce quality, media-ready content for websites and social media
NEW START DATE: March 9, 2022
Smartphone video is a key element in mobile journalism (MOJO). Research shows the video content creates more engagement with audiences than any other content. The ability to create engaging and good quality video is an essential skill for those working in journalism, media or communications.
- The pros/cons of smartphone video
- Understanding: Stability - Exposure - Resolution - Framing
- Applying the rules of composition
- Planning interview and soundbites
- Using A-Roll and B-Roll
- Comparing native phone controls vs. editing/filming applications
- Multi-track timeline editing: When to use it
- Audio: How to achieve crisp audio
- Uploading: Where and how
This 8-week course guides the learner though the steps of creating their own smartphone video and editing to a media-ready standard relevant to their audiences. There will be a step-by-step approach to the use of video editing software and creating crisp audio using best practice examples of what does and does not work for video.
On completion of this training, participants will confidently produce good quality, media ready content for their websites and social media.
This training is for employees who contribute content to their website and social media platforms. It benefits staff who find themselves involved in organization and community events that offer opportunities for great video content creation.
Cost: $400 per participant for CMA Members, made possible thanks to the USCCB Catholic Communication Campaign; $1,600 for non-members.
Registration questions? Email Rob DeFrancesco: rdefrancesco@CatholicMediaAssociation.org.
Program-specific questions? Email Colette Newport, The PR Training Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Week 1: March 9, 10 a.m.-Noon Eastern
- Week 2: March 16, 10 a.m.-Noon Eastern
- Week 3: March 23, 10 a.m.-Noon Eastern
- Week 4: March 30, 10 a.m.-Noon Eastern
- Week 5: April 6, 10 a.m.-Noon Eastern
- Week 6: April 13, 10 a.m.-Noon Eastern
- Week 7: April 20, 10 a.m.-Noon Eastern
- Week 8: April 27, 10 a.m.-Noon Eastern