Father John Catoir Evangelization Award
Evangelization Through the Use of Social Media
The criteria for measuring the success of the campaign is two-tiered. First and most important is the ability to achieve the desired outcomes shown by the response and reactions of those receiving the message. Second is the quality of production and style of writing in delivering the message.
The winner receives a certificate and a cash award of $400 to underwrite the cost of technology in developing and or continuing their evangelization efforts.
Most Recent Winners
2022: Archdiocese of Detroit for Unleash the Gospel Campaign
2021: Catholic Health Association for Love Thy Neighbor Campaign
2020: Diocese of Arlington for #JustOneYes Campaign
2019: Archdiocese of Los Angeles for Marian Memorial Campaign
2018: Diocese of Syracuse for Year of the Family
Criteria for Nomination
The Father John Catoir Social Media Evangelization Award shall be given to an individual who leveraged the power of social media to achieve the objectives of making Jesus known and loved.
- Must be a current member of the Catholic Media Association.
- Must be work begun or implemented in the preceding year. The evaluation of the program can include results into the current award year.
- Must be work implemented and viewable on a Social Media platform.
- Note: The work does not include blogs.
- Entries must be submitted through the CMA website.
- You may enter your own work or, with permission, submit the work of your organization.
The submission period for the 2023 Father Catoir Evangelization Award is open through February 7, 2023.
Submissions must include:
- The intended goals, objectives and vision for the project.
- The campaign URL, or URLs where the project may be reviewed.
- A description of the effectiveness of the campaign, including proof of engagement (i.e., number of re-tweets, added followers, views, comments, etc.)
Procedure for Selection
Once the submission period is closed a panel of three professional communicators with knowledge of social media utilization will judge the entries. The winner is announced during the Catholic Media Conference Awards Banquet.