Catholic Media Association Awards and Recognition Programs
The Catholic Media Association acknowledges the work of those in Catholic media through its award programs. As a global network of Catholic communicators, the CMA recognizes the diversity of media available today and facilitates a wide variety of honors programs for its members and those in related professions.
The Catholic Media Association announces recipient names at its annual Catholic Media Conference, publishes them in the Awards issue of The Catholic Journalist, and showcases them on the CMA website.
The 2022 Press Awards program had roughly 2,700 entries in 472 categories. More than 160 organizations entered this year's program. The Book Awards had over 350 entries, 55 categories and 76 applicants including 47 publications and 29 self publishing authors.
The awards divisions reflect the different media types and skill sets required by each. Click on the program name for information for the 2022 program.
Publisher Awards (entry by submissions)
- Catholic Press Awards: For CMA Press and Communication Members
- CMA Book Awards: For Book Authors and Publishers
- Gabriel Awards: For Film, Radio, and Television Professionals
- Alumni Magazine Awards: For Alumni Magazine Publishers
- CMA Student Journalism Awards: For Student Published Work
Individual Awards (individual nominations)