Thank you for participating in the Catholic Press Awards
The entry period for this year is now concluded. We are grateful to all of you for your good and important work.
The Catholic Press Awards honor the outstanding work of members in their efforts to further the mission of the Church. On a daily basis our members inform, inspire and educate readers, keeping them connected to their faith, and telling the story of the Church.
With the diversity of Catholic communications today, the Catholic Press Awards offer the opportunity for individuals and teams to submit their best work for critical review. Participants choose categories organized by different media that feature writing, design, production and editing skills, and submit in sub-categories separated by intent such as news, feature stories and so forth.
The Catholic Press Awards accepts work completed by its members in the previous calendar year. Awards are presented at the Catholic Media Conference, June 6-9, 2023, in Baltimore, and announced in The Catholic Journalist with comments from judges, as well as on the CMA website and on social media.
- Open Submission Period: November 14, 2022 - January 31, 2023
- Extension Period: February 1-7, 2023 at 11:59 am CT
- Hard Copy Materials Due: February 7, 2023
- Payment deadline: February 10, 2023
- Open Submission Period: $38 per entry
- Extension Period: $48 per entry
- One free entry per CMA Publisher or Freelance Member when submitted by 11:59 pm. Central Time on Tuesday, January 31, 2023.
Divisions and Category Listings
This awards program has five divisions to reflect the varied work of its members; each division’s packet specifies eligibility requirements, submission instructions, and a full category list. The 2023 awards packets are now available:
- All Member: For the Individual Excellence and Digital categories
- Newspaper: For print or digital work that is published in a member newspaper
- Magazines and Print Newsletters: For work published in a member magazine or printed newsletter
- Communications: For Communication Organizational members to submit work that is separate from any work that appears in a publication
- Spanish Language: For content created for a Spanish language member publication
New to the submission process?
- Watch a video for instructions on how to submit an entry.
- Click here for a PDF of the submission instructions.
- Program FAQs