Catholic Press Awards
The Catholic Press Awards acknowledge the outstanding work of members in their efforts to further the mission of the Church. On a daily basis they inform, inspire and educate readers keeping them connected to their faith, and telling the story of the Church. It is those contributions that are recognized through these awards.
With the diversity of Catholic communications today, the awards program offers the opportunity for individuals with various skill sets to submit their best work for critical review. Participants choose categories organized by different media that feature writing, design, production and editing skills, and submit in sub-categories separated by intent such as news, feature stories and so forth.
The Catholic Press Awards accepts work completed by its members in the previous calendar year. The association announces the winners at its annual Catholic Media Conference, publishes them in the Awards issue of The Catholic Journalist, and showcases them on the CMA website and through social media.
- Open Submission Period: November 14, 2022 - January 31, 2023
- Extension Period: February 1 - 7, 2023 at 11:59 am CT
- Hard Copy Materials Due: February 7, 2023
- Payment deadline: February 10, 2023
- Open Submission Period: $38 per entry
- Extension Period: $48 per entry
Divisions and Category Listings
This awards program has five divisions to reflect the varied work of its members; each division’s packet specifies eligibility requirements, submission instructions, and a full category list. The packets linked below are from the 2022 program. The 2023 packets will be released October 17, 2022.
- All Member: For the Individual Excellence and Digital categories
- Newspaper: For print or digital work that is published in a member newspaper
- Magazine and Print Newsletter: For work published in a member magazine or printed newsletter
- Communications: For Communication Organizational members to submit work that is separate from any work that appears in a publication
- Spanish Language: For content created for a Spanish language member publication
New to the submission process?
- Watch a video for instructions on how to submit an entry.
- Click here for a PDF of the submission instructions.
- Program FAQs