Welcome to the Gabriel Awards Information Page
The Catholic Media Association is honored to sponsor the Gabriel Awards, a premier program honoring excellence in film, broadcast, and digital media productions released in the United States and Canada.
The Gabriel Awards were created in 1965 to “recognize outstanding artistic achievement in a television or radio program or series that entertains and enriches with a true vision of humanity and true vision of life.”
A Gabriel-worthy award entry is dedicated to authenticity and excellence. It affirms and highlights values of dignity, community, tolerance, justice, or compassion.
The primary goal of the Gabriel Awards is to encourage media professionals to serve, enrich, challenge, and uplift their audiences.
The Gabriel Awards Committee accepts professional entries for work in film, radio, English and Spanish language television and digital media projects completed in the 2023 calendar year. Categories are listed in that order on the following pages.
Judges recognize productions that:
- Are dedicated to authenticity and excellence.
- Highlight values of dignity, community, tolerance, justice, or compassion.
First-place recipients receive a coveted Gabriel statuette. Runners-up receive a beautiful certificate of accomplishment.
Finalists will be announced in April 2024. Winners will be revealed at the Gabriel Awards Reception on June 20, taking place during the Catholic Media Conference, June 18-21, in Atlanta. Register today and join your colleagues to see excerpts from the winning entries and applaud the recipients as they receive their coveted Gabriel Statue.
2024 Gabriel Awards Program Overview
- The 2024 Gabriel Awards packet is now available. It specifies eligibility requirements, prices, submission instructions, and the full category list.
- Program FAQs
- Open Submission Period: Nov. 1, 2023 - Jan. 31, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. CT
- Extension Period: Feb. 1-7, 2024 at 11:59 am CT
- Payment Deadline: Feb. 9, 2024
- Film: $200 during Open Submission Period; $225 during Extension Period
- Radio: $125 during Open Submission Period; $150 during Extension Period
- Television: $150 during Open Submission Period; $175 during Extension Period
- Digital Media: $150 during Open Submission Period; $175 during Extension Period
- Personal Achievement: $150 during Open Submission Period; $175 during Extension Period
- Contact us Awards@CatholicMediaAssociation.org